BOOKS – ARUNACHAL HISTORY
1. The Eastern Frontier of India Hardcover – 2015 by Robert Boileau Pemberton (Author)
This book by R B Pemberton is one of the earliest book to mention detail account of Arunachal pradesh tribes and history in British Empire.
2. In Abor Jungles: Being an Account of the Abor Expedition, the Mishmi Mission and the Miri Mission by Angus hamilton .
Must read to know details about Abor ( now Adi ) expedition by British . Assasination of Capt. Williamson , anglo Abor British Treaty , administration of siang / sadiya / mishmi tract area are all mentioned in detail.
3. North-East Frontier of India [The] Hardcover – 2018
by Arunachal History of 18 – early 19 th century
4. The Mishmee Hills – An Account Of A Journey Made In An Attempt To Penetrate Tibet From Assam To Open New Routes For Commerce Paperback – Import, 5 Jul 2010
5. History of the Frontier Areas Bordering on Assam Hardcover – 2013
6. The hidden land;: Mission to a far corner of India Unknown Binding – 1953
THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE BEST AND MOST INFORMATIVE ONE. MADAM URSULA BOWER HAS WRITTEN LOTS ABOUT NYISHI AND APATANI TRIBES . BOOKS MENTIONED ABOUT YESTERYEARS WHO’S WHO OF NYISHI AND APATANI TRIBES LIKE KOP TENI , BAT HELI , KAGO BIDA , KOJ KARU . CHIGIN NIME, LICHA SERA , TOKO HOLI, BEURI HASSE etc….
7. Far Frontiers: People and Events in North-eastern India, 1857-1947 Paperback – 22 Mar 1989
8. A Philosophy For NEFA (North East Frontier Agency) Hardcover – 2009
9. British Policy in the North-East Frontier Agency Hardcover – 2017
10. History of Upper Assam, Burmah and Northeast Frontier
MANY MORE BOOKS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN AND ARE AVAILABLE RELATED TO ARUNACHAL PRADESH. IF YOU THINK I HAVE MISSED SOME IMPORTANT /INTERESTING BOOKS ON ARUNACHAL , PLEASE DO COMMENT AND SHARE.